Timber Harvesting – How to make money from your timber!
We make the whole process smooth and easy…
- You contact us and ask some questions
- You contact us and we’ll arrange a meeting at your site
- Exchange of plot plans, deeds, gps locations, any pertinent information about boundary lines, wetlands, or associations.
- Visual assessment of timber value to determine if it is cost effective for the land owner to go forward with the project.
- Timber cruise to determine the stumpage volume and value of the timber to be harvested.
- Filing of cutting plan with the DCR (Department of Conservation and Recreation), notification of all abutting land owners and local conservation committee(s), and wait for approval. Note: All timber harvesting activities in the state of Massachusetts are overseen by the DCR and are frequently visited by State of Massachusetts service foresters during the job.
- Actual cutting of the trees
- Payment is made to you based upon the agreement made with you prior to the commencement of the project. Often, you get a lump sum prepayment before the job starts.